|Gordon Warnock, Agent, Foreword Literary|
1. What was the defining moment that made your realize you wanted to be an agent?
There was a moment when I started falling in love with manuscripts and realized that this was something I could make happen
2. What is the one thing you cannot work without? What is your creative vice?
3. If you could 'revive' any literary figure from the past for a one hour conversation, who would you choose?
I think Borges would be a hoot.
4. What is one of your more notable or unusual conference or convention experiences?
Hanging out with R.L. Stine was a bit of a moment, having grown up in the Goosebumps generation.
5. If we asked your friends and family to compare you to a cartoon character, which would they choose, and why?
I asked, and they said Archer. No idea why.
6. What is one thing would you like aspiring authors to know about the road to success?
Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.
About the Agent: Gordon Warnock is a founding partner at Foreword Literary, bringing years of experience as a senior literary agent, marketing director and editor for independent publishers, freelance publishing consultant, and college-level writing tutor. He frequently teaches workshops and gives keynote speeches at conferences and MFA programs nationwide. He is an honors graduate of CSUS with a B.A. in Creative and Professional Writing. Gordon is taking pitches for nonfiction, fiction, and graphic novels for adults, NA, and YA.