|Cindi Madsen, Author|
1. What was the defining moment that made your realize you wanted to be an author?
I always had stories in my head, I just never thought of writing them down until after I had my first baby. As soon as I started, though, I was hooked, and I knew I wanted to be an author from that point on.
2. What is the one thing you cannot work without? What is your creative vice?
Mountain Dew. I really need that and my music. So I guess the music's my vice and the Dew is my can't work without.
3. If you could 'revive' any literary figure from the past for a one hour conversation, who would you choose?
Mary Shelley. I'd want to know all about Frankenstein.
4. What is one of your more notable or unusual conference or convention experiences?
I met one of my best writer friends after we'd both gotten harsh feedback from the same agent. By the end of the dinner we were laughing so loudly it erased the bad, and now she's who I go to with all of my writer ups and downs. We always joke that we owe our friendship to that person. I've also been able to fangirl over authors I love, which is super cool.
5. If we asked your friends and family to compare you to a cartoon character, which would they choose, and why?
Probably Rainbow Brite. She was my favorite when I was a kid, and I love me some color. Plus she had really awesome boots and a horse that rode on rainbows. Win all around.
6. What is one thing would you like aspiring authors to know about the road to success?
You'll probably get knocked down, and writing's not easy, but it is the best job in the world, and if you love it, don't ever give up.
About the Author: Cindi Madsen is a USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance and young adult novels. She sits at her computer every chance she gets, plotting revising, and falling in love with her characters. Sometimes it makes her a crazy person. Without it, she’d be even crazier. She has way too many shoes, but can always find a reason to buy a new pretty pair, especially if they’re sparkly, colorful, or super tall. She loves music, dancing, and wishes summer lasted all year long. She lives in Colorado (where summer is most definitely NOT all year long) with her husband and three children. She is the author of YA books All the Broken Pieces, Cipher, Rift, Resolution, and Demons of the Sun and adult romances Falling for Her Fiancé, Act Like You Love Me, Resisting the Hero, and Cinderella Screwed Me Over, which has sold to France, Germany, and Turkey.