|Kimberly Killion, Author|
1. What was the defining moment that made your realize you wanted to be an author?
When I read "the end" for the fifteenth time of Julie Garwood's THE GIFT, I decided I wanted to write something that made people's heart hurt.
2. What is the one thing you cannot work without? What is your creative vice?
Sex and coffee, not necessarily in that order or at the same time. :-)
3. If you could 'revive' any literary figure from the past for a one hour conversation, who would you choose?
King Richard. I would like to know if he really killed his nephews.
4. What is one of your more notable or unusual conference or convention experiences?
Hmmm…perhaps Mohave Nights, but I can't share the experience. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. :-P
5. If we asked your friends and family to compare you to a cartoon character, which would they choose, and why?
Buttercup from The Powerpuff Girls because she's a badass with cool hair.
6. What is one thing would you like aspiring authors to know about the road to success?
Perseverance. It's a long and painful road, but it's totally worth it in the end.
About the Author: Award-winning author, Kimberly Killion, has been hailed by Romantic Times Magazine as an author who writes “captivating romance with excellent pacing and characters who are honorable, intelligent and full of humanity.” Her debut book, Her One Desire (Kensington 2008), was nominated for the romance-publishing industry’s highest award of distinction, the RITA® Award. Her One Desire won the 2009 Booksellers Best Award for both Long Historical and Best First Book. Romantic Times Magazine awarded Kimberly’s second Scottish-set novel, Highland Dragon (Kensington 2009), with the K.I.S.S. Award. Aside from writing, Killion is also the owner of Hot Damn Designs. With 20+ years of experience in marketing, communications and design, Kimberly holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts, a Certificate in Web Design, and is an Adobe Certified Expert. She has designed over 2,000 book covers but she also does website design, promotional material and branding – and has recently started photographing her own Stock Images for Hot Damn/ The Killion Group.